Has The Atmosphere Always Been The Same? – Short Answer
When earth first formed some 4,500 million years ago, the atmosphere was mainly made up of hydrogen and carbon dioxide. Most of the hydrogen, being light, then spread out into space and the carbon dioxide became locked up in rocks. Oxygen was not a component of the atmosphere till about 2,000 million years ago, when plants evolved.
- How are Igneous Rocks Formed Short Answer
- How Do Caves Form in Limestone Short Answer
- What is Chemical Erosion Short Answer
- How Does Ice Shape the Land Short Answer
- What is an Ice Sheet Definition
- What is the Earth Atmosphere Made of Short Answer