What is IBPS, The banking sector in India has been providing the most significant number of job opportunities for the youth. There are many institutions in India which conduct examinations for the appointment of employees. IBPS offers the best position for a child for a bright future. Today, every student’s dream is to get a job in a bank, and why not, this position is high for the youth in terms of career, salary, and reputation.
IBPS has recruitments for different positions, and when it comes to building a future in the field of Banking, IBPS is a Best Platform. About one million students apply for IBPS Clerk and PO every year. This institution provides maximum employment to the youth; by the way, the banking sector has always been giving work to the child. IBPS conducts examinations on a vast scale.
What is IBPS
IBPS is called the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. IBPS has been entrusted with appointing staff in the bank; it was established in 1975; this position is very prestigious in the bank. IBPS conducts examinations for public banks in RRB, PO, Clerk posts, and then employees are selected in public banks.
IBPS Full Form
INSTITUTE OF BANKING PERSONNEL SELECTION
IBPS Bank List
In India, IBPS recruits and selects employees for 19 Regional Rural Banks and Public Sector Banks. Under IBPS in India, applications are applied for staff jobs in 19 banks, the list of which we are giving you below.
- Canara Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Andhra Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- Indian Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab and Sindh Bank
- State Bank of India
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
How to IBPS
IBPS publishes various recruitments for the posts of employees in the bank every year. Candidates in IBPS have to go through some process for hiring, applicants can apply online for these recruitments.
IBPS Exam is held in three stages – the first is the Preliminary Exam, and the second stage is Mains Exams; the candidates who pass the main Exam are selected for the third stage i.e., Interview. Let me tell you one more thing that the IBPS Clerk Exam does not have an interview.
Qualification for IBPS Exam
To apply in the IBPS exam, the candidate should have the following qualifications.
- To apply in IBPS Exam, the candidate must have graduated from any university and for the candidate
- Graduation must be completed, no matter what the subject.
- The candidate should know reading, writing, and speaking the official language of the state.
- Candidate should know computer operators as IBPS PO; the Clerk exam is conducted online.
IBPS Exam Pattern (PO)
The IBPS PO exam will be conducted in online mode. It will be held in three phases: preliminary reviews, main exams, and interviews. The preliminary examination is a qualifying examination; candidates who pass it can sit for the second stage i.e., principal analysis. The selection of candidates depends on the marks obtained in the Mains Examination and Interview.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
The IBPS PO Preliminary Examination consists of 3 sections, in which objective type questions are asked. This Exam is online, and in this Exam, 30 issues are invited from the English section, 35 questions from Quantitative Aptitude, and also 35 questions in Reasoning, which is given 1 hour to solve.
The IBPS PO Mains Exam consists of 4 Sections, only those who have passed the Preliminary Exam can appear in this Exam. This Exam is also conducted in online mode for which the time is 3 hours 30 minutes, and one Wrong answer is marked with 0.25 negative.
IBPS PO Exam Syllabus
|Quantitative Ability||35||60||45 Minutes|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||35 Minutes|
|English (essay and letter writing)||2||25||30 Minutes|
|Total||157||225||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
After passing both the exams, the selected candidate is interviewed. For this, you should be fully prepared so that whatever questions are asked to you, you should politely answer them correctly, and you should give your answers in such a way as to impress them. You will be selected based on your abilities in the Interview.
IBPS Exam Pattern (Clerk)
IBPS Clerk Exam is conducted online to recruit candidates. This test is done in two stages.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
The IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam consists of 3 sections, in which objective questions are asked. This Exam is online, and it asks a total of 100 questions with 100 marks for which the time is 1 hour. The IBPS Clerk Preliminary Examination also carries a negative marking of .25 on each incorrect answer.
|English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|Numerical capacity||35||35||20 Minutes|
The exam pattern of IBPS Clerk 2019 Mains has been changed. Now it will have four sections with a total of 190 questions that have 160 minutes to solve. Last year the Computer Aptitude and Reasoning Ability sections were different, but in the new update, both the parts come together with 50 questions for which the time is 45 minutes. The IBPS main exam is also conducted online and has a negative marking with a deduction of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|General Financial Awareness||50||50||35 Minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 Minutes|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 Minutes|
|Quantitative Qualification||50||50||45 Minutes|
IBPS Clerk Syllabus
Here is the syllabus for IBPS Clerk Exam:
- English language: It should have Basic Knowledge of English; in this, you are asked questions like word formation, sentence arrangement, spelling section, etc.
- Computer Aptitude: Computer related questions come in computer subjects like- MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office, MS Word, hardware, software, etc.
- General Financial Awareness: This covers the international economy, finance, agriculture, marketing, etc.
- Quantitative Ability: In this, you will be asked math questions like percentages and average, ratio, time and distance, rate, profit and loss, height and length, simple and compound interest, etc.
How to Prepare for IBPS Exam
Here are some tips for preparing IBPS, which you must follow.
- For this, you have to stay up to date; you have to focus on daily activities like- current affairs, regular events, and information related to banking, finance industry.
- You have to manage a Proper Time, fix the time for all the subjects, this will allow you to pay proper attention to the whole issue.
- With general knowledge you can get more marks in the bank exam, for this you should read general knowledge books and daily newspapers.
- To get good marks in IBPS Exam, you can take the help of the IBPS Practice Test and Moc Test and also take the help of last year’s Question Paper.
So guys, now you must also know how you should prepare for IBPS. If your dream is to do a bank job, this could be a good option for your career. Please tell me, what’s the story of the big puppies. I hope you have got IBPS Exam & If you have any questions or suggestions you can let us know and we will do our best to reach out, thank you!