How to wash clothes : By hand or in a washing machine, with liquid or powder soap. Discover all the options and the most modern appliances to leave your garments impeccable.
All household chores have techniques and tricks that facilitate make the task more effective. We tell you the best tips for washing clothes and share secrets to remove the most difficult stains and take care of delicate garments.
There are three keys to achieving a perfect wash: choosing quality products, knowing some homemade remedies that sometimes turn out to be magical, and applying the appropriate technique according to the stain.
The type of fabric, and the method you are going to use because it is not the same hand than in washing machine.
How to Wash Clothes
To remove stains and leave your clothes impeccable, we share seven tips to wash clothes practically and. In just a few steps, you can leave them shiny and with their colors intact.
How to Separate the Laundry
Separating the clothes is the first and most important step to avoid mistakes that can damage the clothes: classify them by their color, their level of dirt, and the type of fabric.
Do not forget to read the labels, which usually specify how to wash and if it can be ironed or not.
- First, you will separate the garments into different colors: white on one side, black on the other, and other colors in another pile. If you suspect (or have already verified) that color is fading, it should be washed alone.
- On the other hand, we recommend you separate the white clothes (sheets, towels, and washcloths) and wash them separately. They often give off fibers that can adhere to clothing and are a bit difficult to remove.
- Lastly, you will separate the clothes from delicate fabrics to do a hand wash. If you opt for the washing machine, choose the program for hand washing or for this type of garment to take care of the garments.
- Another important point is to separate the laundry by the level of dirt: what is not very dirty can be solved with an economic program that saves energy and water. On the other hand, what has more dirt will require a longer program to be impeccable.
How to Choose your Laundry Soap
The first important point is to choose the right soap or detergent. It is key that it is of good quality so that you take care of your garments.
You can choose liquid soap suitable for automatic washing or hand washing, or powder soap.
There are Different types of Soaps:
- Low foaming liquid soap or for hand wash.
- Specific liquid soap for white, black, or colored clothes in general.
- Whitening liquid soap.
- Liquid soap with softener.
- Low-sudsing powder or hand wash soap.
- Soap powder with softener.
- Soap in bread for white clothes.
Good quality soaps do not leave residue on clothes or damage the fiber of clothes, and they also don’t leave residue in your washing machine.
Always remember to dose well the amount of soap as indicated on the label since if you use a lot of soap, you risk that it does not rinse well, and as a result, the clothes will be stiff and rough. And if you use little soap, you won’t get a perfect wash.
How to Wash White Clothes
Once you have separated the white clothes, check if any garment has any stubborn stains. In this case, you have several options to resolve this point before washing it with the other garments.
- Please go over the white soap stain on the bread and let it act for a few minutes.
- Make a liquid soap directly on the stain and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then you put it to wash in the washing machine.
- Another option is to use a stain remover directly and rub it over the stain following the directions on the product label. Then wash it by hand or in a washing machine with the usual soap. And, if you want to optimize the wash, use the liquid soap for white clothes.
How to Bleach Clothes
To whiten clothes, you can use the chemical products that the market offers. Most contain chlorine and other components that, used in the right way (as indicated on the label), give great results.
If you prefer more “natural” options, you can resort to inexpensive and effective homemade products. We name a few that may be useful to you:
- Sodium bicarbonate.
- Lemon juice.
- White vinegar.
How to Remove Stubborn Stains
Before starting your wash, go through a simple process of removing stubborn stains by following a few simple steps:
- Wet the clothes that have the stain.
- Apply the stain remover product directly to the stain.
- Rub a little with your fingers to penetrate the product into the fiber of the fabric.
- After a while, you can put the garment to wash regularly.
How to Choose the Correct Washing Program
The first point is to read the garments’ labels to know what type of washing it suggests. If you do not know in detail the programs of your washing machine, take a moment to understand what each one consists of. Check the manual if you have doubts; there are usually recommendations for each type of garment.
In addition, regulate the temperature according to the type of clothing. Remember that if you wash with very hot water, clothes tend to shrink in size.
How to Wash Clothes by Hand
Washing clothes by hand is a simple task. Follow the steps detailed below, and your clothes will look like new:
- Read the labels on the clothing first to see if there are any particular indications.
- In a sink in the laundry room or bathroom, fill it with room temperature water.
- Put a measure of liquid or powdered soap and stir well to dissolve.
- Place the garments and scrub with two hands.
- Let them soak for a while.
- I scrubbed the clothes again with both hands to finish removing the dirt.
- Rinse clothes very well: if necessary, do it several times so that no traces of soap remain.
- Finally, hold each garment between your two hands and drain the water well without forcing the fabrics so that they do not stretch or deform. Then hang them on a rope, if possible, in the sun.
VIDEO: HOW TO HAND WASH CLOTHES
Types of Washing Machines
The washing machine is one of the ideal appliances to optimize time and ensure a perfect wash. If you are thinking of renovating yours, do a little research before investing. Today there are many options, even smart models, that you can consider.
Remember that, depending on the type of washing machine, they have different programs, keypads, types of load, compartments, and functions. Some come with dryers.
Semi Automatic Washing Machine
As its name implies, the semiautomatic washing machine does not “alone” solve all the steps. It does not have as many functions as the automatic one and requires your intervention in the different steps.
In the semiautomatic, you load the laundry and must operate each function manually as the process progresses. Water load, soap load, fabric softener load, drain, etc.
Automatic Washing Machine
The automatic washing machine is the most complete and intelligent. Its function changes depending on whether it is front or top loading.
- Top-loading automatic washing machines: are the most practical if you have little space because they are a little narrower. Clothes are loaded into the drum through a door at the top.
- Front-loading automatic washing machine: in this case, clothes enter the washing machine through a door that opens forward. This type of machine with the horizontal drum consumes less water.
Paddle Washing Machine
To use a pallet washing machine, you have to follow a series of steps manually:
- Charge the water at natural temperature.
- Load the liquid or powder soap.
- Then rinse.
- Drain the water and then remove the clothes for hanging and drying.
Washers are the ideal solution for small spaces, without a patio or space to hang clothes to dry. In general, they dry by heat by evaporating the water from the clothes.
The only detail to consider if you want an optimal result is that you should not fill it to the maximum of its clothing capacity. Loading it to 60%, they perfectly dry the clothes after washing.
VIDEO: How to Use Washing Machine
Two Facts to Keep in Mind:
To protect the color and fiber of the fabric, it is advisable to wash clothes inside out.
If you have the possibility of having outdoor space, dry the white clothes in the sun. It is the best secret to finish giving it the perfect white touch.
VIDEO: BEST 20 LAUNDRY TIPS FOR SUCCESS