How to Clean the Washing Machine : The washing machine is one of the most used appliances in the house. Tricks to always keep it clean and extend its useful life.
The washing machine is the perfect ally in the daily routine of any home. However, it all gets complicated when the appliance breaks and dirty clothes pile up to stressful levels.
That is why it is vital to keep it in good condition, something that ensures the care of your garments and extends their useful life. We teach you how to clean the washing machine to prevent problems and stretch the time to renew it.
How to Clean the Washing Machine
Table of Contents
It may be that sometimes you feel bad smells coming out of the drum or that the rubber of the door collects dirt, lint and even a certain greasiness.
It also happens quite often that soap compartments accumulate product residue and become clogged frequently.
To prevent these problems, it is essential to keep the washing machine clean and in the best conditions. It is effortless and is achieved by following these steps.
VIDEO: How to Clean Washing Machine
How to Clean Washing Machine Front Load Automatic
The cleaning of the appliance may vary according to the model. If you have a front-loading automatic, follow these instructions:
- To remove the accumulated soap residue, with the washing machine empty, program a hot water cycle.
- Once finished, add two cups of white vinegar to the compartment where you put the soap. Then, schedule another 40-degree process to help the odours go away.
In addition to washing the inside of the washing machine, it is also essential that you clean each part to ensure that the hygiene is thorough and effective.
Soap Tank : if you are wondering how to clean the soap tank, it is straightforward. According to the instructions in the user manual, take it out and soak it in hot water and bleach.
Door : on the inside of the washing machine door, a lot of dirt tends to be concentrated by spinning. Dampen a cloth in hot water and bleach, and wipe the entire surface.
Exterior Casing : clean the exterior of the washing machine with a cloth dampened in hot water.
Rubber : many wonder how to clean the washing machine’s rubber, which deserves some critical advice. Remove it carefully and wash it in a sink or bucket with warm water and bleach or another disinfectant product that you have at home.
Once you’re done, rinse it dry, and put it back in place. The key is that you place it well so that there are no leaks. Do the same with each part you remove.
While you are soaking the soap tray, please take the opportunity to clean the inside of the hole where it is embedded. Use a damp cloth with hot water and hydrogen peroxide. Be patient: a lot of soap is usually added, and sometimes it is difficult to remove.
How to Clean Washing Machine Top Loader Automatic
In this case, there are some slight variations compared to the previous model, but it is also straightforward.
- Schedule a hot water wash cycle with the washing machine empty.
- Once finished, schedule another cycle with hot water and add 1 litre of white or apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup of baking soda. Before the drain function starts, stop the wash and let the preparation work for an hour in the drum. When that time is up, could you turn it on and let the show end?
- To finish, clean the inside of the washing machine with a damp cloth with hot water and vinegar or lemon juice. Make sure to go over everything, not forgetting the edges and the roof of the drum.
VIDEO: How to Deep Clean your Top Loading Washing Machine Naturally
Other Tips for Cleaning Your Washing Machine Thoroughly
- If you have a washing machine, clean the lint filters. Once a month, remove them and rinse them with hot water and baking soda. Dry them well and return them to their place. You can also remove dust and lint with a vacuum cleaner.
- You can use a spray to remove any remaining product in the drum. Go over with a cloth dampened with hot water.
- Check the external fan from time to time to make sure it is clean.
How to Always Keep Your Washing Machine Clean
- Look at the soap or detergent labels you use to put the right amount and avoid spills.
- If excess suds still occur, schedule a rinse wash to remove any remaining soap.
- Use anti-scale tablets frequently to clean the drum and hose. If you want to replace them with a home remedy, use vinegar to keep the tub and hose sanitized.
- To keep the drum rubber free of fungi or dirt, it is advisable to clean it often with a cloth soaked in hydrogen peroxide and vinegar or lemon juice. Then, do the same with the drum.
- Prevention is essential. Check the pockets of all the clothes well before putting them to wash. Anything you forget can get caught in the rubber gutter, snagged on the drum, or clogging the water drain and severely damaging your washing machine.
How to Remove Scale from the Automatic Washing Machine
Scale is the enemy of pipes, faucets and appliances that work with water. Depending on where you live, the water can be soft or more complex, which implies that they have a more significant load of minerals that will cover everything.
That is why you must know how to remove the scale from the drum and clean the washing machine hose.
Scale in the drum : without load, wash with hot water and white vinegar. You can also use apple cider vinegar or anti-tartar tablets.
Hose : The drain hose is that corrugated pipe that runs from the back of the washing machine to the grate. I ran the washing machine very carefully, unscrewed the hose, and washed it with hot water and bleach. You can also use hot water and white or apple cider vinegar. Another option: choose specific degreasing or drain cleaner products for that function.
You will ensure that your washing machine works well and stays clean by implementing these cleaning habits, ensuring that your clothes are always impeccable.