Connect Tablet to TV : If you have a tablet, you can connect it to the TV and enjoy videos, series and other content on a larger screen. How to solve it super easy.
Portability has allowed us to see all kinds of content anywhere and in any situation. It is enough to have our mobile devices at hand.
But, sometimes, the nice thing is to share them with other people or enjoy them on a bigger screen or with better definition.
The solution is straightforward: you only need to learn how to connect the Tablet to the TV. It’s super easy. Here, the step by step.
How to Connect Tablet to TV
The Tablet is one of the most versatile electronic devices and allows you to do many activities from anywhere with an Internet connection.
The only limitation that we can assign to you when looking at content on laptop screens has to do with size.
But there is good news: you can see everything you see on that tiny screen on your TV by following a few straightforward steps.
There are several ways to connect the Tablet to the TV. We tell you what they are and how to do it.
How to Connect Tablet to TV with HDMI Cable
HDMI is an acronym in English that stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface and refers to the connection standard that allows uncompressed audio and video to be transmitted from one computer to another and with a single cable, including the content in high definition, which is the most used in these cases.
To connect it to the TV, we only need an HDMI cable for Tablet and follow a simple procedure. We tell you how to connect with HDMI step by step:
- The first thing is to check the compatibility of the devices: check that both the Tablet and the television have the specific input and output ports for this connection.
- Then you will have to get a connector cable with two HDMI inputs, one of which will be inserted on the TV and the other on the Tablet you want to connect. The inputs and outputs are precisely the same.
- Next, you will have to enter the TV menu and select the input source available in the “Input” or “Source” style buttons. Note that the input port on the TV is numbered; that will allow you to identify it in the Menu. Once selected, you can now enjoy the content you wanted to see.
If your tablet doesn’t have an HDMI input port, you can link it using the micro USB port, which is the same one used to charge it.
In this case, you will need an MHL to HDMI adapter, which will allow you to connect the Tablet to a larger screen.
It is an efficient way of having all the contents of the Tablet on your television if you do not have a Smart TV.
Without HDMI Port
If your Tablet has HDMI, but your TV does not have this type of input ports, there is a solution.
It is possible to link them together by getting an adapter that has HDMI input and RCA output.
RCA cables are a group of 2 or 3, including Composite Video (yellow) and Stereo Audio cables (red for the right channel and white or black for the left).
First, you must connect the end of the cable with micro HDMI to the Tablet and the HDMI end to the converter/adapter.
Then you will have to connect the RCA cable in the converter following the order of the colours (red with red, white with white and yellow with yellow). And finally, connect the other end of the RCA cable to the TV.
How to Mirror Tablet to TV – With WiFi
Another way to connect the TV to the Tablet – and as simple as the previous one – is through a WiFi connection. This system has the advantage of avoiding the use of cables in the process, but you do need to have a Smart TV.
These types of televisions already come with a built-in WiFi adapter, which allows them to connect to the Internet directly and have access to different applications.
The work you have left to do is straightforward. You have to download and install the TV app on your Tablet and, from there, you can link both devices with each other.
Each brand has some minor differences to carry out this process, but they are very similar in general.
In addition to cables and smart TVs, there are some reasonably priced devices for viewing web content on the TV screen.
The Chromecast is one of them. This device, manufactured by the Google company, connects to the HDMI port of the television and allows you to play content on the TV from your Tablet using compatible applications.
To use it, you need to connect the device with the screen, download the Chromecast application on your phone, tablet or computer (depending on what you want to use to control it) and connect both devices to the same WiFi network.
How to Connect Samsung Tablet to TV
If you have a Samsung tablet and a Smart TV of the same brand, you can show the photos or videos of your mobile on its screen with a straightforward procedure. You have to activate Screen Mirroring.
Thanks to this function, you can enjoy all the contents of your mobile device on the television screen: photos, videos, social media posts, games, music apps or your favourite YouTube channel. And you will control your Tablet as usual but on a much larger screen.
Connect iPad to TV
Apple users can also connect their iPad to the TV. And they can do it equally with or without cables. Let’s see each case:
First of all, to mirror the content of the iPad on the TV screen, you will need the appropriate adapter.
For iOS devices with Lightning connectors:
- Lightning Digital AV Adapter (A14381).
- Lightning to VGA adapter.
For iOS devices with 30-pin dock connectors:
- Apple 30-Pin Digital AV Adapter (2nd Generation).
- Apple 30 pin to VGA adapter.
The procedure is the next:
- Connect your VGA or digital AV adapter to the charging port on the bottom of the iOS device.
- Connect an HDMI or VGA cable to the adapter.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI or VGA cable to the TV screen.
- I turned on the secondary screen.
- If necessary, switch to the correct video source on the secondary display. If you need help, use the manual on the screen.
- Ready, the iPad screen should already appear on the TV.
ALSO READ: How to Connect Speakers to PC Step by Step
How to Connect Phone / Tablet to TV Wirelessly
In the first instance, verify that your devices meet the requirements to use AirPlay.
To use Siri to play and control videos from an iOS device, you will need to add Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV to the Home app and assign it to a room.
To stream video with AirPlay from the iPad, follow these steps:
- Connect the iOS device to the same WiFi network as the Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV.
- Find the video you want to stream with AirPlay.
- Click on the icon shaped like a TV screen.
- Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV.
Easy? Very. To fully enjoy all the screens, from the smallest to the largest in your house.